Partner with a top rated tree team on your next tree project!
Randy’s is one of the most preferred tree services in Westfield!
Recent Tree Service Jobs in Westfield
Setting the standard for tree service in Westfield, NJ!
Looking for a “tree service near me” or “tree company Westfield”? You couldn’t be in a better place! Learn about Westfield’s tree ordinances and permit information related to tree work. Randy’s Pro is licensed in the state of NJ with the Board of Tree Experts and is compliant with all local and state regulations. For your peace of mind, Randy’s is also fully insured for liability and workers compensation.
NJ Home Improvement License #13VH06833600
NJ Tree Company # NJTC 806509
Westfield Table of Contents
Randy’s Pro Landscaping & Tree Service proudly working in Westfield since 2008! We’re a comprehensive tree service and offer free, in-person tree consultations and estimates. Feel free to text or call us at 732-592-1577 or fill out the form for a prompt reply from Randy.
Randy’s Tree Service leads Westfield in customer service
While trees beautify your landscapes and have many environmental benefits, they can become dangerous to you and your property. At Randy’s we remove trees of all sizes and of all hazard levels in Westfield. We have multiple bucket trucks with some extending as high as 110 feet into the air to handle even the largest trees. We have the experience and equipment to help you safely deal with unwanted trees of all sizes. Please refer to Westfield’s tree ordinance to determine if a permit is needed.
Tree Pruning & Trimming
When you neglect your trees by not regularly pruning them, the nutrients are wasted on weak parts, which deprive the healthy parts of what they need to grow. Preemptive pruning and trimming will give your trees nice form and shape while getting rid of the weak limbs. This can prevent potential damage to your home during storms or heavy winds, saving you thousands on repairs. Randy will identify high-risk trees during your consultation and recommend solutions.
Stump Grinding & Removal
Stumps are dangerous to keep in your yard, especially if you have kids. Removing them will not only make it safer, but also improve the appearance of your yard. The most common and cost-effective stump removal method is to grind them using a stump grinder. Stumps can also be removed by excavating them. Regardless of whichever stump removal procedure you decide, Randy’s takes care of calling 811 for your utilities to be marked out before the day of the job. This will prevent breaking any pipes that may run through your stump.
Emergency Tree Response
Every season can bring unpredictable weather in Westfield. Storms, rain, wind, ice and snow all cause damage and stress to the trees on your property. This results in branches falling, trees splitting, or even uprooting. During this unfortunate and stressful time, you can rely on Randy’s to quickly respond to your emergency.
Westfield Tree Consultation
- Contact Randy’s Pro for any tree service.
- Randy’s Pro will visit your property and listen to your concerns or requests and assess the situation.
- We will provide you with an estimate via email that outlines everything that will be included in your tree job.
- When you are ready to begin, Randy’s will schedule a start date at your convenience and provide you with an estimated completion date.
Westfield Tree Ordinances & Permit Process
- A permit is required for any deciduous or coniferous species which reaches a typical mature height of at least twenty-five (25’) feet and a typical mature trunk diameter of four (4) inches or greater, measured four and one-half (4½) feet above ground level; and is three (3) inches or greater in trunk diameter, measured three (3) feet above ground level, at the time of filing this application.
- Please click here Tree Preservation and removal application (westfieldnj.gov) to complete the Town of Westfield, Department of Public Works’ Tree Preservation Plan and Tree Removal Application.
- The are some Exemptions to the requirement of obtaining a permit, as follows:
- Commercial nurseries
- The Town of Westfield
- Golf Courses
- Any tree on public owned land or public right-of-way and removed by the public agency or its representatives.
- Dead or diseased trees, upon certification by the Code Enforcement Officer or a qualified New Jersey certified tree expert.
- Partially or completely fallen trees by acts of nature, or trees which, in the option of the Code Enforcement officer, endanger or create a hazard to public safety.
- The application fee is $500 for properties being developed and requires subdivision or site plan approval, or where Town trees are toe be removed [provided that application for removal is being made by the adjacent property owner(s)], or where properties that contain existing dwellings or structures that will be removed or demolished or buildings within the next one (1) year
- The fee for all other applications is $50.00
- Under the following circumstances, no tree shall be cut or otherwise removed from any lands located in the Town of Westfield unless a Tree Removal Application has been approved and a Tree Removal Permit based thereon has been issued by the code enforcement officer:
- Where property is being developed and requires subdivision or site plan approval;
- Where Town Trees are to be removed (provided that applications for removal of such trees shall only be made by the adjacent property owner(s));
- Where properties that contain existing dwellings or structures that will be removed or demolished to facilitate the construction of a new or replacement building or buildings within the next one year;
- Whenever two or more trees, in the aggregate, having a Diameter Breast Height of eight inches or more are to be removed from a property over a six-month period;
- Where a tree is over sixteen inches Diameter Breast Height
- Please click here https://ecode360.com/34841038 to review the complete Westfield code regarding Westfield’s Tree removal applications and tree preservation plan.
- Please click here Tree Preservation Plan and Tree Removal Application – Forms & Permits – Westfield, New Jersey (westfieldnj.gov) for more information directly from the town’s website, which include details about Westfield’s Tree Preservation Plan and Tree Removal Application.
- It is highly recommended to always check directly with your town’s most current ordinances as they can change from time to time.
Free Expert Tree Consultation
Need an estimate for tree service near or in Westfield, NJ? Answer a few quick questions for a prompt reply from Randy himself!
"*" indicates required fields
*Randy’s will never share or sell your personal information and will only contact you about your inquiry!
Q: Are you licensed and insured to provide tree services in Westfield?
A: Yes, we are fully licensed and insured. Our home improvement contractor license with NJ is #13VH06833600 and we are certified by the Board of New Jersey Tree Experts with registration number #806509.
Q: How many years of experience do you have providing tree services in this area?
A: We have been providing tree services in Westfield, NJ since 2008, ensuring quality and professionalism in all our projects.
Q: Can you provide references from other homeowners in Westfield you’ve worked for?
Q: What specific tree services do you offer?
A: We offer a comprehensive range of tree services, including tree removal, pruning, stump grinding, and emergency tree services.
Q: Do you provide free estimates?
Q: How do you determine the cost of a tree removal or other service?
A: Our pricing is based on the size, location, and complexity of the job. We ensure transparency in our estimates and stay competitive with other local tree service companies in Westfield.
Q: What safety precautions do you take when performing tree services?
A: Safety is paramount to us. We adhere to industry safety standards and use protective equipment for all tasks. Our team undergoes regular safety training, ensuring they are updated on the latest safety protocols. Before starting any job, we conduct a thorough risk assessment to identify potential hazards and take necessary precautions.
Q: How long will it take to complete the service?
A: We aim to start and complete jobs as soon as possible. When giving you an estimate, we will be able to give you an estimated start date and how long the job will take.
Q: How do you handle the disposal of tree debris?
A: All debris will be removed from your home and disposed of at an appropriate facility. We can also include cutting and stacking firewood as part of your job.
Q: Are there any local regulations or permits required for tree removal in Colonia?
A: Things are always changing in Westfield. We are well-versed with local regulations and will guide you on any necessary permits. Call us at 732-647-9953 for more information.
Q: What is the best time of year to prune or remove trees?
A: We can provide tree services year-round, but we’ll advise on the best time based on the specific needs of your trees.
Q: How do you handle payment?
A: We offer various payment options for the convenience of our clients. More details can be discussed during your estimate, however we accept check, cash and all major credit cards.
Q: Are there any potential additional costs?
A: We aim for transparency in our estimates. Any potential additional costs will be discussed upfront such as having a stump grounded after a tree removal.