Tree Service Millburn NJ 07041
Millburn’s Top Tree Company
Partner with a top rated tree team on your next tree job!
Randy’s is one of the most preferred tree services in Millburn!
Recent Tree Service Jobs in Millburn
Setting the standard for tree service in Millburn, NJ!
Looking for a “tree service near me” or “tree company Millburn”? You’re in the right place! Learn about Millburn’s tree ordinances and permit information related to tree work. Randy’s Pro is licensed in the state of NJ with the Board of Tree Experts and is compliant with all local and state regulations. For your peace of mind, Randy’s is also fully insured for liability and workers compensation.
NJ Home Improvement License #13VH06833600
NJ Tree Company # NJTC 806509
Millburn Table of Contents
Randy’s Pro Landscaping & Tree Service proudly working in Millburn since 2008! We’re a comprehensive tree service and offer free, on-site tree consultations and estimates. Feel free to text or call us at 732-592-1577 or fill out the form for a prompt reply from Randy.
Randy’s Tree Service is Millburn’s #1 company in customer service
While trees beautify your landscapes and have many environmental benefits, they can become hazardous to you and your property. At Randy’s we remove trees of all sizes and of all hazard levels in Millburn. We have many bucket trucks with some extending as high as 110 feet into the air to handle even the largest trees. We have the experience and equipment to help you safely deal with unwanted trees of all sizes. Please refer to Millburn’s tree ordinance to determine if a permit is required.
Tree Pruning & Trimming
When you neglect your trees by not regularly pruning them, the nutrients are wasted on weak parts, which deprive the healthy parts of what they need to grow. Preemptive pruning and trimming will give your trees nice form and shape while getting rid of the weak limbs. This can prevent potential damage to your property during storms or heavy winds, saving you thousands on repairs. Randy will identify high-risk trees during your consultation and recommend solutions.
Stump Grinding & Removal
Stumps are dangerous to keep in your yard, especially if you have kids. Removing them will not only make it safer, but also improve the appearance of your yard. The most common and cost-effective stump removal method is to grind them using a stump grinder. Stumps can also be removed by excavating them. Regardless of whichever stump removal procedure you decide, Randy’s takes care of calling 811 for your utilities to be marked out before the day of the job. This will prevent breaking any pipes that may run through your stump.
Emergency Tree Response
Every season can bring unpredictable weather in Millburn. Storms, rain, wind, ice and snow all cause damage and stress to the trees on your property. This results in branches falling, trees splitting, or even uprooting. During this unfortunate and stressful time, you can rely on Randy’s to quickly respond to your emergency.
Millburn Tree Consultation
- Contact Randy’s Pro for any tree service.
- Randy’s Pro will visit your property and listen to your concerns or requests and assess the situation.
- We will provide you with an estimate via email that outlines everything that will be included in your tree job.
- When you are ready to begin, Randy’s will schedule a start date at your convenience and provide you with an estimated completion date.
Tree Service Ordinances & Permit Process in Millburn
- A tree removal permit is not required for the removal of trees which are less than ten (10”) inches in diameter measured at a point of four (4) feet above the ground, or
- The removal of dead or diseased trees, partially or completely fallen trees by acts of nature, or which endanger public safety upon certification by the Township Forester or a New Jersey Certified Tree Expert.
- A PERMIT IS REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS: PRIVATE RESIDENCES
- Removal of more than two (2) trees within a twelve (12) month period.
- If the trees proposed for removal constitute more than fifty (50) percent of the trees on the property.
- Removal of trees eighteen (18”) in diameter or fifty-seven (57”) inches in circumference at four (4) feet above the ground.
- Permits are issued at no cost to single family or two-family dwelling applicants occupied by the owner.
- Permit fees $50 for the first tree removal permit and $20 for each additional tree removal permit.
- ALL OTHER PROPERTIES (Business, Commercial, Vacant Lots, Churches, Private Schools, etc.) Permits are required for all tree removals. Please click here S (millburn.nj.us) to complete the Millburn Township Application for Tree Removal Permit
- If a permit is required, the following information must be provided along with the application:
- An application must be filed with the Township Forester and a site inspection must be made prior to tree removal or grading changes.
- A Tree Restoration Plan shall be submitted along with a survey or other documentation accurately setting forth the location of trees proposed for removal, preservation, planting or grading changes, evidence of ownership of the property thereof must accompany the application. The diameter and species of trees affected shall be indicated on the survey or documentation, proposed location, species and size of replacement trees.
- All trees proposed for removal shall be plainly marked with ribbon or visible material by the applicant prior to the inspection. Mark or stake out pertinent structures (i.e. driveway, underground utilities, home, pool, drywells, etc.)
- The Forester has twenty (20) days to approve or deny any proposed tree removal or grading application.
- Appeals of the Forester’s decision can be made to the Township Committee within ten (10) days of the Forester’s decision, in writing.
- Tree removal permits are effective for only three (3) months from date of issue.
- All adjacent property owners whose property is within twenty (20) feet of the trees proposed for removal shall be notified by certified mail or personal service a minimum of ten (10) days prior to the proposed tree removal and proof of notification must be supplied with the application.
- No signs or wires are to be attached to trees being preserved.
- The Forester may impose conditions on the issuance of a permit, such as: Replanting of trees, shrubs or ground cover to provide a buffer, reduce soil erosion, or serve other beneficial purposes within a specific time period.
- Watch out for those fines! Any person violating the Tree Removal Ordinance shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $2,000 (nor less the $100.00) per tree, and/or imprisonment for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days.
- Each tree cut or removed in violation of this ordinance shall be considered a separate violation.
- For further information on the Millburn Township Ordinance, Chapter XI Preservation of Trees, please see the Township’s web page at www.twp.millburn.nj.us or contact: Thomas Doty Township Forester at 973-564-7058 or via email at [email protected]
- It is highly recommended to always check directly with your town’s most current ordinances as they can change from time to time.
Free Expert Tree Consultation
Need an estimate for tree service near or in Millburn, NJ? Answer a few quick questions for a prompt reply from Randy himself!
"*" indicates required fields
*Randy’s will never share or sell your personal information and will only contact you about your inquiry!
Q: Are you licensed and insured to provide tree services in Millburn?
A: Yes, we are fully licensed and insured. Our home improvement contractor license with NJ is #13VH06833600 and we are certified by the Board of New Jersey Tree Experts with registration number #806509.
Q: How many years of experience do you have providing tree services in this area?
A: We have been providing tree services in Millburn, NJ since 2008, ensuring quality and professionalism in all our projects.
Q: Can you provide references from other homeowners in Millburn you’ve worked for?
Q: What specific tree services do you offer?
A: We offer a comprehensive range of tree services, including tree removal, pruning, stump grinding, and emergency tree services.
Q: Do you provide free estimates?
Q: How do you determine the cost of a tree removal or other service?
A: Our pricing is based on the size, location, and complexity of the job. We ensure transparency in our estimates and stay competitive with other local tree service companies in Millburn.
Q: What safety precautions do you take when performing tree services?
A: Safety is paramount to us. We adhere to industry safety standards and use protective equipment for all tasks. Our team undergoes regular safety training, ensuring they are updated on the latest safety protocols. Before starting any job, we conduct a thorough risk assessment to identify potential hazards and take necessary precautions.
Q: How long will it take to complete the service?
A: We aim to start and complete jobs as soon as possible. When giving you an estimate, we will be able to give you an estimated start date and how long the job will take.
Q: How do you handle the disposal of tree debris?
A: All debris will be removed from your home and disposed of at an appropriate facility. We can also include cutting and stacking firewood as part of your job.
Q: Are there any local regulations or permits required for tree removal in Colonia?
A: Things are always changing in Millburn. We are well-versed with local regulations and will guide you on any necessary permits. Call us at 732-647-9953 for more information.
Q: What is the best time of year to prune or remove trees?
A: We can provide tree services year-round, but we’ll advise on the best time based on the specific needs of your trees.
Q: How do you handle payment?
A: We offer various payment options for the convenience of our clients. More details can be discussed during your estimate, however we accept check, cash and all major credit cards.
Q: Are there any potential additional costs?
A: We aim for transparency in our estimates. Any potential additional costs will be discussed upfront such as having a stump grounded after a tree removal.